Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wild Blueberries

Wild Blueberries

Oh, oh. I got caught loading up on food again. Well, you've got to understand that's mostly what we Polar Bears do.


Lydia here is helping me. She found a couple of cardboard boxes for us to put all our stuff into. Willy Street Co-op has a special now on wild blueberry jam. Excellent for breakfast with toast and tea.

Lydia's in high school; she moved here from Columbus last year. When we asked her how she liked Madison she said, "I like it. There's more diversity here."

I'm glad she brought that up because diversity is something me and my relatives are big on. Being a bio-diverse creature is part of what I do, my schtick.

Lydia said she wasn't sure what she's doing to reduce global warming. We said that working at the co-op helped, because the co-op works to buy more food from local farmers and food producers. "Yes," Lydia agreed, "instead of having it travel from thousands of miles."

When we got home we looked at the label on one of the jars of our Wild Blueberry Conserve. It read: Product of Canada. Hum . . . .

Monona wondered: how about getting Wisconsin-made jams on the shelves of the co-op and local grocery stores too? In time for the New Year?

Personally, I also think some all-Wisconsin-grown, organically-grown cranberry-apple jam would taste very nice! Organic strawberry would be quite yummy too.

Truly yours,
~Polar Berry Witness
P.S. Please share the bear! www.polarbearwitness.blogspot.com

No comments: