Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving

While I enjoyed joining Monona and her family in Milwaukee for Thanksgiving festivities, I was a little shy and hung out behind the potted pine tree near the window.
Part of the reason I liked it there was because the tree gave me a little cover.

This business of a national holiday centered on bringing a whole tribe of people together around a table to carve up and devour an animal . . . well, OK, a bird . . . but even so, a large, upright one that gets around on two legs . . . it just made me a little nervous. Although I must admit I sampled the dark meat and it was yummy. And the cranberry relish - you know how I love anything with a berry in it - was excellent!


I was also standing by the window because it was cooler there and it gave me a good view of the freshly fallen snow outside. I was polite and patient until Monona and I took a walk down to the river, where I let loose and sang out my song: Old Man River.

Truly yours,
~Polar Bear Witness
P.S. Please share the bear! www.polarbearwitness.blogspot.com

No comments: