Saturday, November 3, 2007

The First Time



Saturday Morning, October 13, 2007
Cafe Soleil
Madison, Wisconsin

It was the first time I had been in a cafe before. Pretty nice.

We slipped in, almost unnoticed, although I got a smile from the lady behind the counter, when she saw me she said, "Polar Bear!" Wow, I thought, she knows my name.

And, when we arrived at our table, the guy across the way gave us an appreciative smile. We smiled back.

A lot of talk and coffee drinking goes on in this place. And they call out the different types. We got "double espresso" and they just sang out "soy latte" now.

At this place, "Cafe Soleil" it's called, they have a big banner at the entrance that says all the food they serve here is organic. They buy from local farmers, use compact fluorescents to light the place and recycle all the paper. This is good.

The guy in front of us in line brought his own coffee thermos. This is even better, I think.

Well, the two hard-boiled eggs were good and the double-espresso is doing its job too.

Time to move along and get some fruits and veggies at the market. A nice, big McIntosh apple would taste real good.

Truly yours,
Polar Bear Witness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the noisy world of bloggers, Polar Bear Witness! I look forward to following your adventures on the ecology front.